Thursday, February 27, 2014
John Makransky, PhD
• Empowering the Deeper Personhood of Self and Others: Theory & Practice (Compassion-Wisdom Meditations)
• Empowering the Deeper Personhood of Self and Others: Meditation Exercises (Love-Wisdom Meditations)
Emiliana Simon-Thomas, PhD
She has provided multiple articles for your reading, along with a powerpoint handout of the morning presentation.
• Our Nature is to Nurture: A Journey into the Origins of Compassion
• Compassion Fitness: Evidence-Based Practices for Boosting Your Own Compassion
The Prehistory of Compassion
Science 2013-Compassion Research
Feel free to download the Compassion e-book created by Tania Singer’s team. It’s available here: http://www.compassion-training.org
Dennis Tirch, PhD
Friday, February 28, 2014
Christine Courtois, PhD
Plus some articles for you to read
• Wisdom & Compassion in the Treatment of Trauma: First Do No More Harm
• Wisdom & Compassion in the Treatment of Trauma: Relational Dimensions of Healing
• Treatment of Complex PTSD
• Relational Treatment of Complex Trauma
Shamish Alidina, MA
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Dick Schwartz, Ph.D.
C Daryl Cameron, Ph.D.
Polly Young-Eisendrath, Ph.D.
Our speakers/teachers have provided you with a lot of information. Remember that you do not need all of it for the conference….some is for you to “digest” at your leisure and interest.
Day self-parking at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay is free! There is a discounted self-parking rate for overnight guests.
As always, be mindful of those with allergies to fragrances. We suggest that you wear layers to adjust to the temperature in the conference rooms.
We look forward to seeing you!
Richard Fields, Ph.D., Deborah Jerome,
Pouria Montazeri & Bev Edwards