Roshi Joan Halifax, PhD
Emiliana Simon-Thomas, PhD
She has provided multiple articles for your reading, along with a powerpoint handout of the morning presentation.
- Our Nature is to Nurture: A Journey into the Origins of Compassion
- Compassion Fitness: Evidence-Based Practices for Boosting Your Own Compassion
Kristin Neff, PhD
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Kindness
- Self-Compassion and Difficult Relationship Interactions
Friday, May 16th (9:00 am conference start)
Barbara Fredrickson, PhD (No Handouts Provided)
- Being A Compassionate Companion
- Compassion & Attunement
- The Five Precepts of Service (English & Spanish)
Christine Courtois, PhD
Plus some articles for you to read
- Wisdom & Compassion in the Treatment of Trauma: First Do No More Harm
- Wisdom & Compassion in the Treatment of Trauma: Relational Dimensions of Healing
- Treatment of Complex PTSD
- Relational Treatment of Complex Trauma
Saturday, May 17th (9:00 am conference start)
Tara Brach, PhD (No Handouts Provided)
John Briere, PhD
- Mindfulness, Compassion & the Pain Paradox
- Mindfulness, Compassion, Suffering & the Therapist
- Website & Papers
- Mindfulness in Trauma Treatment-Chapter
- PsychCentral Interview w/J Briere
Christopher Germer, PhD
Our speakers/teachers have provided you with a lot of information. Remember that you do not need all of it for the conference….some is for you to “digest” at your leisure and interest.
Public transportation will be much easier!
- Valet parking at Marriott Marquis is $55.00.
- Attached is information on nearby parking lots (click here).
- Nearest Metro Station (Metro Map):
Mt. Vernon Place 7th St. / Convention Center 0.1 mile(s) E
As always, be mindful of those with allergies to fragrances. We suggest that you wear layers to adjust to the temperature in the conference rooms. Also, keep in mind that we do not provide snacks or meals at the conference, although they will be available at the hotel.
CERTIFICATES will be mailed to you (at your registration address) by the end of May. Remember to sign in each morning, and turn in your evaluation on your last day.
We look forward to seeing you!
The FACES Team
Pouria Montazeri & Bev Edwards